Are you our next Young Ambassador?
UNICEF Australia’s Young Ambassador Program is a unique and exciting opportunity to speak up for children.
As a Young Ambassador, you will develop new skills in media & communications, government advocacy and engaging with children and young people. You will exercise leadership and become an effective advocate for children’s rights at a local, national and international level.
This is a voluntary position from July 2018 to June 2019. Applications close on May 20th at 11:59pm.
Young Ambassadors will:
- learn about children’s rights in Australian and international contexts
- develop an understanding of UNICEF Australia’s work domestically and internationally
- learn about government advocacy
- learn how to be an effective spokesperson for UNICEF Australia
- learn how to engage children and young people in learning about their rights and responsibilities
- learn how to run consultations with children and young people
Who are we looking for?
This role is for young people aged 15-24 years old, from every state and territory in Australia. We are looking for applicants who bring a diversity of personal experiences, study backgrounds, skill sets, volunteering or community involvement, and cultural backgrounds to the team. You don’t need to have previous experience in similar roles.
We are eager to hear from young people who:
- are committed to UNICEF’s work and the rights of children
- are responsible
- have good judgement
- are willing to learn
- come from a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences
- have good verbal and/or written communication skills
- have good time management skills
- have experience in engaging with children and young people (this could be through volunteering, work, youth groups, youth organisations or simply being in high school)
Find out more and apply now
Before you apply, please download the Application Kit for full details and instructions.
Under 18 years old? Download your parent/guardian permission form here.
Ready to go? Download your application form here.
Email your application to email@example.com
. Don’t forget to include:
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter
- Application form
- Under 18 permission form if necessary
To discuss the role, please contact Vanessa Kutcher, Child and Youth Participation Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 02 8917 3256. Alternatively, email Vanessa and she will call you on a contact number that you provide.
UNICEF Australia is committed to protecting the safety of every child we work with. You can find our Child Protection policy here.