Help give every child a fair chance
We believe in a better world for every child, every day, everywhere, no matter what. UNICEF works with families, local communities, organisations and governments in more than 190 countries to provide more children with clean water, life-saving food and vaccines, education and protection from violence than any other humanitarian organisation.
Any amount you choose to give will make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children, and giving couldn’t be easier. Get started by choosing the way you’d like to donate below.
Donate crypto and help children where the need is greatest
With Innovation at our heart, UNICEF Australia is proud to announce that we now accept donations for over 50 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) through our fundraising collaboration with The Giving Block and our crypto wallet custodian, Gemini.
Every donation makes a difference for children in need around the world. Our teams travel to the most remote regions and towns to make sure no child is left behind. No mountain is too high, no child too far.
Whether is it delivering emergency, life-saving supplies in Ukraine, treating children suffering from malnutrition in Yemen, or assisting our neighbours in the Pacific region, you can help to change the lives of children for the better.
How to donate Cryptocurrencies to charity
Here’s how you can start making an impact today.
- Click on the donate now button
- Select a cryptocurrency and the amount you wish to donate
- Enter your transfer details
- Enter your email address (to receive a receipt*)
- Send funds to the wallet address provided on the screen
Ukraine Emergency Appeal. To restrict your donation to our Ukraine Emergency Appeal, please add "Ukraine" in the "Donation notes" field.
* Your contribution will support children in need, wherever the need is greatest. Australian Tax legislation for transfers of cryptocurrency is continuing to emerge and we are currently not able to provide a tax deductible gift receipt. Please consult with your financial adviser to determine your tax implications of arising from transfer of cyptocurrency.
*Donations to this appeal will be converted to fiat before disbursement. We are proud to report that in 2021, 82c in every dollar UNICEF Australia spent was a contribution to children – either supporting our international and domestic programs or our investment in community education which raises awareness and educates Australian on child rights and development issues.
* 82c ratio reflects proportion of overall expenditure directed to programmatic or community education activity. The ratio excludes non-monetary expenditure and expenditure funded by UNICEF grants. The figure is provisional and has not yet been audited. Audited Financial Statements will be available in May 2022.
Cryptocurrencies accepted by UNICEF Australia
UNICEF's commitment to innovation
UNICEF can receive, hold and disburse donations of cryptocurrencies Ether and Bitcoin, through the newly-established UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund.
In a first for United Nations organisations, UNICEF is using cryptocurrencies to fund open-source technology benefitting children around the world.
Find out more about our work with crypto