For the world's most vulnerable children, UNICEF's presence on the ground is much more than just life-saving deliveries. In their greatest times of need, UNICEF's presence is more than just life-saving support. For many children, it's a sign of hope, a sign that they have not been forgotten, and this is only possible because of our supporters. Every child has the right to survive and thrive, regardless of whatever situation they may be in.
Always there in emergencies
From reaching children during emergencies to long-term survival and development programs, UNICEF works to protect children, no matter what. Thanks to our supporters, we are always there, reaching children in greatest need, every day.
Help UNICEF be prepared to act in any situation
Donate today to where the need is greatest and help give every child an equal chance to survive and thrive.
Donate Where the Need is Greatest
Help UNICEF to be there for children wherever the need is greatest, no matter what.
Because UNICEF is 100 per cent donor funded, our ability to provide millions of children in need with life-saving vaccines, nutrition support, safe drinking water and basic sanitation, education and protection fully depends on the generosity and commitment of our donors all over the world – donors like you.
UNICEF helps to vaccinate 400 million children globally against polio each year.
When you donate to where the need is greatest, you help UNICEF to be there for children who are in the greatest need every time, wherever that may be. By building up a steady pool of flexible resources, UNICEF is also able to respond quickly and effectively if and when an emergency strikes, heading straight to the source to offer immediate relief in the hours and days following a crisis.
"Where a child is born should not determine his or her destiny. We must get vital services and care to children in acute need now, to provide the building blocks that will allow them to create peaceful futures."
How will my donation help children?
By donating to support the most urgent needs of children you will also be allowing UNICEF to invest in long-term development programs that support the world’s most vulnerable children and their communities, meaning the difference between a life of poverty and one of opportunity.
- $90 can help to provide 176 sachets of therapeutic food, to help children recover from malnutrition.
- $140 can help to provide 28,000 water purification tablets, to deliver access to clean water.
- $258 can help to provide a 'School-in-a-Box' for 40 students, so they can keep learning even when disaster strikes.
- 82¢last year, 82 cents went directly to program expenditure and community education, including long-term development and emergency response work.
- 13¢last year, 13 cents covered the essential costs of raising public awareness and fundraising to generate more support for UNICEF’s work.
- 5¢last year, 5 cents were spent on UNICEF Australia’s accountability and administration.
How do we use each dollar donated?