Helping children in emergencies.
UNICEF staff are currently in the field providing urgent assistance to affected children and families as they face some of the most devastating crises in places like Pakistan, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Yemen and Syria.
We are on the ground when natural disasters strike. This year alone we have already helped to save lives after devastating earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and flooding wreaked havoc in communities. And we’re there for the long haul too, staying long after the headlines fade to help build brighter futures for children and their communities.
Thanks to the contributions of our generous supporters, we’re able to have a presence in 190 countries around the world. With the scale of our infrastructure and long-term development work around the world, UNICEF can act quickly, delivering life-saving help to children in just 48 hours.
Your donation will help us respond to emergencies, like the recent earthquake in Afghanistan.
Children's Emergency Appeal
UNICEF staff are in the field, providing urgent assistance to children and families facing some of the most devastating crises.
UNICEF is 100% donor funded.
we can respond to an average of 300 emergencies a year.
How will my donation help children?
By donating to support UNICEF’s emergency work, you can help us reach the world’s most vulnerable children and their communities.
- $84 could provide an emergency food ration pack containing 216 bars of ready-to-eat fortified food.
- $130 could provide 9660 water purification tablets, each able to create up to 5 litres of clean drinking water.
- $271 could deliver a School-in-a-Box with enough education supplies to keep 40 students learning.
- 90¢90 cents of every dollar donated to this emergency went directly to our emergency response work in the field.
- 10¢10 cents per dollar covers the essential administrative costs of raising public awareness and fundraising to generate more support for UNICEF’s emergency response.
How do we use each dollar donated?
Your generous gift will help support UNICEF's work for children in emergencies and for all children in need around the world.
Donate to help children facing an emergency
UNICEF staff are in the field, providing urgent assistance to children and families.