UNICEF Australia’s employees and board must at all times maintain the highest standards of integrity and conduct consistent with our values and principles. Our core values are:
- respect for the rights of all children and the tenants of the Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- child focus: we remember why we are here;
- accountability: we are accountable for our impact and actions on others;
- integrity: we do the right thing, even when no one is watching;
- trust: we deliver on our promises;
- collaboration: we work together for children; and
- innovation: we love initiatives and new ideas.
The Code of Conduct of UNICEF Australia requires that employees, volunteers and members of the UNICEF Australia Board of Directors:
- Behave honestly and with integrity in all of our dealings.
- Be a positive representative of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in all our dealings.
- Safeguard children and those who are vulnerable to sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Act with care and diligence in the conduct of our responsibilities and duties.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment.
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws (federal and state).
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by anyone who has authority to give such a direction.
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in line with UNICEF Australia’s Conflict of Interest policy.
- Not make use of:
- confidential information, or
- the employee’s or director’s status, power or authority,
in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the employee or director or any other person
11. At all times behave in a way that upholds the UNICEF core values and the integrity and good reputation of UNICEF Australia.
12. Not engage in any activities which could bring UNICEF Australia into disrepute.
13.Comply with the Codes of Conduct to which UNICEF Australia is a signatory including Australian Council for International Development & Australian Direct Marketing Institute